Frequently Asked Questions

What proof of identification is needed to hire a vehicle?

1. Driving LicencePhoto Card Licence

2. Licence Check Code or National Insurance Number (Only UK Licence Holders)

Please visit https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence to create a licence ‘check code’ to share your driving record. The check code is only valid for 72 hours.

Alternatively bring in your National Insurance Card/National Insurance Number and we can do this for you.

3. Proof of addressTwo of the following: Utility Bill (Electric, Water Gas, Broadband, Council Tax) OR Bank Statement

4. Credit/Debit Card – We take a holding deposit plus the rental cost.

5. Passport (Non UK Licence Holders & UK Licence Holders without new style photocard licence)

All of these MUST be in the name of the DRIVER.

Am I able to hire a Vehicle for just one day on the weekend?

Yes you can but our weekend rates apply. You can view these on our price tariff page.

What is the minimum age and maximum age I can be to hire a vehicle?

The age range for hire cars is 23 to 69 with at least 24 months FULL UK License.

Do your prices include insurance?

All of our prices include insurance provided you meet meet our insurers requirements.

Is breakdown cover included?

Yes all our vehicles are covered by RAC.

I have points on my licence, can I still hire a vehicle?

This depends on your age and what the conviction is.

Convictions classed as Major Convictions are unacceptable at all times until 5 years have passed from date of issue

11 years from date of conviction if the offence is:  DR10, DR20, DR30, DR31, DR61 DR80, CD40, CD50, CD60 or CD70. 

Drivers 23-24 are acceptable only if they do not disclose more than one Minor Conviction within the last 5 years.

Drivers 25-69 (75 for cars) are acceptable  only if, in the last 5 years, they have Minor Convictions which total 6 points or less.

I have had an accident during the past 3 years, can I still hire a vehicle?

Persons who have had one accident during the past 3 years can hire, subject to claim value.

Persons who have more than one accident during the past 3 years would be subject to an underwriters decision.

My occupation is one of the following can I still hire?

  • Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment, professional sports persons or theatrics.
  • Jockeys and persons connected with racing, gaming industry, or press of any sort
  • Foreign service personal
  • UK Armed Forced under 25 years of age
  • Hawking/General Dealer and/or market traders
  • Scrap Merchant
  • Student/Undergraduate
  • Professional gambler
  • Courier services, express mail or parcel delivery.
  • Fast food establishments (including food delivery)
  • Motor factors
  • Wholesale or daily newsagent deliveries.
  • Unemployed

The short answer is no, this is due to our insurance company not accepting renters as they are potentially a high risk for insurance purposes.

What are your terms and conditions?

Please see the following Terms & Conditions for your terms and conditions.

If you have a question that hasn’t been answered then please ring or email and we will be more than happy to help you.